A glimpse of one of the issues my trip will consist of

Wednesday, June 10, 2009



This video highlights what my trip with fellow NEU students will be all about. We are there to learn more about the Arms Trade Treaty, UN diplomacy, Small arms and Weapons, and many issues that effect Human safety,and rights. My reasoning for choosing this major, and going on this dialogue is to learn as much as I can to educate myself, and others. To be apart of this dialogue puts me closer to networking and making connections to make the difference that I want to pursue.

The video itself showcases a very emotional appeal about the destruction and chaos that the weapons being used have done a lot of damage to many countries like Laos, and Kosovo. It's quite sad to know that the U.S. is responible for dropping more bombs on southeast Asia, than all the bombs dropped during World War II. It also doesn't surprise me that our country is responsible for this. The US is responsible for the greatest massacre of all time (Africans, Native Americans, Asians) during it's early years as a country than Germany under Hitler. It's the truth you can't deny.

0 comments:

Post a Comment