Amma

Thursday, May 14, 2009




Now, Most of you know that I'm not the most religious person. I definitely believe in god, but I am just not a follower or Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, or even Hinduism like some of you may have thought. I am a very spiritual person who believes in higher powers, miracles, and that there is an astroplane (heaven type thing) that we enter once we die. You can say that's weird, but we don't truly know what happens when our clocks stop ticking. I think most religions are interconnected, but the cultures that originally impacted these religions has shown the differences. I mean come on, we have different cultures, races, ideologies that can show why many different religions are the way that they are.

Anyway, the closest to me that you will see that I follow a religion is through this well recognized, Amma. She is an Indian priestess that may who follow her call her the hugging saint. This woman goes around the globe to visit many different countries to give a blessing hug. It may sound strange but many people feel great energy from her when this happens. I happen to see her each and every year, and when I do I feel so much lifted away from my body. This little bead that some of you call my nut or a peach seed is actually a prayer bead. It's called a rudraskah bead (not sure if the spelling is right). Amma is actually not a Hindu follower, or any religious follower. She respects all religions, and she believes that they are all full of love, and good. When questioned about this she says her religion is love. I guess that is my religion to. No, she isn't ahead of some cult, she isn't out to make people think she is Jesus or any other guru reincarnated. She is here to spread love and joy, and ease away the pain and misery. She has raised a lot of money for her home state in India to provide shelter, food, and health for her people. She is truly an inspiring woman. If you want more information about her, check out her website at: http://www.amma.org/

0 comments:

Post a Comment